Picture

Hi, I'm Max Glenister.

This website is a collection of all of the things I've been doing with my 3D Printer.

You'll find lots of examples of badly modelled things, poorly printed things, and a lot of wasted plastic!

Extra small extra macro keys v1.0

After my previous macro key project back in January that used full-size arcade buttons, I was itching to make a more compact set of macro keys.

I bought a sample set of different Cherry MX keys – these are the mechanical part of the keys, complete with key caps, but without a full keyboard. The keys are fully functional, so you can solder some wires to them and use them in place of a regular momentary switch in any project.

Since the last macro keys project I’ve bought a couple of Arduino Pro Micro’s which handle HID a lot better, and are quite cheap. You can get them as single boards, or in packs of multiple boards from around £7 per board on eBay (you can find the specific boards I ordered here: Arduino compatible Leonardo Pro Micro 5V)

The print didn’t turn out great, with some delamination and other problems causing roughness, so I figured I would try finishing the print with some filler and paint. This worked to a point and sanded down really smoothly, until I accidentally got the whole thing wet and the filler disintegrated (!)

The design was also not perfect, with the angle of the keys being a bit too steep. So back to the drawing board!