Well I took another look at the design of my macro keys project sooner than I expected. I started over with the design of the 3D-printed part of this project, and then moved the buttons and guts over from the previous version.
This design works a lot nicer, and I figured I’d include some sample code for the Arduino Pro Micro here:
This makes uses of the
Keyboard.h Arduino library, which you can find documented very thoroughly here: Keyboard on the Arduino Docs
The macro keys are designed to snap on to the top edge of my keyboard, so they sit just above the
fn keys. You can set them up to press a key combination, or type out a bunch of text with a single button press.